English Language Classes
|Speak clearly and with confidence.
American English Pronunciation Class
Location: The Lucky Pen, 8275 166th Ave NE, Suite 202, Redmond, WA
Class Times: Wednesday Evenings from 7:00 to 9:00pm
Class Dates: 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/29, 12/6, and 12/13
Register for this Class Now
This class focuses on the major pronunciation sounds of standard American English. We also study intonation throughout the course. You can learn:
* when T sounds like D in words like water, as well as other T sound changes
* American pronunciation of R and L sounds
* voiced and unvoiced sounds like F, V and TH
* the five sounds of the vowel A
* the three major sounds of O and also sounds of ou/ow and oi
* the relaxed U sound in good and the difference in U sounds in words like flute and document
* the short I sound in words like sit and the final long E on the Y vowel in words like university
* See results with pre- and post-tests.
* Clearly understand how to pronounce sounds
* Improve your intonation, the rhythm of speech in the sentence
* Be able to adjust your sounds/words when Americans do not understand
* Improve your listening abilities
* With about 20 minutes a day of practice, begin neutralizing your accent
* Get tips from the instructor on how to achieve your personal goals
Questions? Schedule a Free Consultation to learn more.
About the Instructor
In 1998, I began my career after achieving my B.A. and Master's degrees in English. During my early years, I taught beginning to intermediate English skills including everyday conversations, basic writing and vocabulary building. About ten years ago, I began to focus on the needs of international professionals. My students have gained employment at major companies, achieved promotions to management and executive positions, passed the TOEFL test and passed the USMLE interview.
Thank you, Erica!
Classes was great and I learn a lot!Special thank you for the idioms- I recognized some of them in the movie yesterday and was very proud of myself! --MS
Thank you for your mail and for your lesson, I really liked it!
It was very useful and helpful for my English! --EV
Thank you very much for the class. I got a lot of new things and a lot of things to think about. --PK